If you’re new to Beautycounter or need a refresher on basic skincare and makeup, then it’s helpful to wrap your head around two VERY popular products: Dew Skin Moisturizer and Twin Skin Foundation. They can be used separate or together, but these two clean beauty products pack a punch, both for your look AND your health!
Here’s the breakdown:
Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer : This is our tinted moisturizer and it has 20 SPF. It has a very light, sheer coverage. But it’s also really dewy and glowy, (hence the name!) so keep that in mind.
- I use two pumps with my fingers. Remember: a little bit goes a long way!
- In the summer I use #3 (Medium), and in the winter I use #2 (Light).
- There isn’t coverage, but you do have SPF and a dewy finish.
- You can build the foundation on top of it!
- FYI – I have one in my car and another in my diaper bag because I use it ALL the time.
Skin Twin Featherweight Foundation (TwinSkin): When you put it on your face, it melts into your skin and provides medium buildable coverage.
- I use two pumps of 340 medium (during summer months!).
- I use the tarte foundation brush and blend it in my skin using an up and down pushing motion
- The magic of this foundation is in the hyaluronic acid. The short version explanation is that it’s skincare IN your foundation. AmAZing, right? Here’s the longer explanation: It locks in the moisture, which is another property that’s really great for the summer season. It’s also helpful for when you sweat, or get dewy if you will, it complements with that moisture.
- Let me explain what that looks like!! A few weeks ago I went to a family pool party. I was sweating profusely because I was running around with the girls. I didn’t pat my makeup, I just let it happen. When I got in my car I was surprised at the wear. Because the moisture was already in the foundation, and it’s not going from dry to wet, the look stayed consistent. Even in the heat!!
And to help those mornings where your lack of sleep or age shows a bit more than you’d like, I highly recommend using the Concealer Pen. It’s another go-to in my makeup bag, even on days when I’m just around the house with the kids.
- When I wear Dew Skin, I use the Concealer pen in light. I use a beauty blender to tap on my skin, under and on my eye.
- For foundation, I use a fair, because I like a noticeably bright under eye– it’s two shades lighter than my Twin Skin color (#2).
So, you have a few options in how you want to use this!
- If you just want some moisturizer with a bit of color when you’re running errands, Dew Skin Moisturizer is perfect.
- If you want a little more coverage, use the Twin Skin.
- If you want a little more moisture and SPF with your foundation, use them BOTH at the same time! Yes, you can put the Dew Skin Moisturizer on first and then add the Twin Skin for the full coverage.
Now you are SET for the morning, regardless of if you had that extra glass of wine or were up in the middle of the night with a baby. Glamour AND green is the real deal, ya’ll.
If you want to see a tutorial on how I use these two products, check it out here!
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links, which means I could earn a commission from your purchase. But, don’t worry, my opinions are all my own!