From the minute my parents let me wear makeup, mascara was one of those “can’t live without items,” so much that when we played the “desert island” game on road trips and late night parties, my answer was always MASCARA.
So yeah you could say that I take my lash game pretty seriously!
As a clean product junkie I’m always on a quest to find the best, cleanest products on the market. Companies and products are always evolving, so this is where the obsession of trying new things comes into play.
A few years ago I found the Thrive Causmetics Mascara, and my lash game went to a whole new level! I became obsessed after my first wear. Even if I didn’t care about nontoxic products, this mascara would still be my #1 choice.
And then Beautycounter upped their game.
As both a BC Director and a fan of all things clean beauty, I could never recommend their mascara with fidelity. But this last month, they brought in a new product, so here are alllll the deets you need to know. Especially if you’re like me and mascara is your makeup deal-breaker.
In July I got my hands on the brand new Think Big (not dirty) BEAUTYCOUNTER mascara and gave it a go! I instantly had my thoughts on this brand new product that I have been so patiently (three whole weeks!) waiting to share.
Here’s my full review of the Thrive Causmetics Mascara vs. the Think Big BEAUTYCOUNTER Mascara.
- Wand applicator: Easy application, always full of product to deposit on lashes. The wand is not too thick, not too thin.
- Color: Black, the only color of mascara I personally use
- Formula: Glides on my lashes coating them with the product. Helps lashes hold a curl. Does not smudge, ever! Dries fast so it’s hard to build; doing multiple coats maks them clump easily.
- Removal: Harder to remove with just any cleanser (does better with more specific ones)
- Safety: This mascara rates a 3 on the EWG guide
- Wand applicator: Almost identical to the Thrive applicator. Super user-friendly and easy to apply.
- Color: Black– all I need 👍🏻
- Formula: The wet formula makes it super easy to build lashes without clumping. Really allows me to make my lashes look longer and thicker. Helps lashes keep curl. If you’re “blessed” with longer bottom lashes and are using oil-based makeup, smudging can occur under the eyes where lashes hit the skin.
- Removal: Easy to remove with cleansers or makeup remover
- Safety: This mascara is EWG verified, meaning it meets the strictest criteria for transparency and health.
- B Corp Company: Prioritizes people as #1, planet as #2, and profit as #3.
So, what do I think? What will I reach for in my 5 minute morning making routine?
Honestly, I really love both for different reasons!
- On the days I don’t put mascara on my bottom lashes I reach for the Beautycounter Think Big All-in-One Mascara because I love that I can build my lashes to be as bold as I want them.
- On days I wear bottom mascara and want to avoid any smudging, I reach for the Thrive because I know it’s not going anywhere!!
Okay, now the review comes from you. Order yours today and let me know what you think!